- Health Department
- Animal Control
Dogs and cats owned, harbored or maintained with the Township must be licensed by January 31 of each year. Animal License Application
Effective January 1, 2015, the township will be utilizing the services of Newark Associated Humane Society for animal control.
Residents may call the Clark Health Department at 732-428-8405 or the Clark Police Department non-emergency number at 732-388-3434.
The township does not provide traps to residents experiencing problems with stray cats on their property, raccoons, squirrels, and other wildlife. Residents are advised to contract the services of a licensed wildlife removal company. A listing can be found in the yellow pages under "pest control"
Residents are strongly advised and urged not to do their own trapping for the following reasons:
- In most instances what you are setting the trap for (I.e. a stray cat) you will trap something else (oppossum, raccoon, skunk).
- Inappropriate and inhumane handling of trapped animals will lead to criminal charges being filed under the animal cruelty statutes.
- Inexperience with trapping can lead to scratches, bites, back injuries, etc.
- Trapping of squirrels inside of a residence must be coordinated with necessary repairs to points of entry.
Complaints regarding the following and most legal matters are handled by the Clark Health Officer.
- Animal Bites
- Defecating and Not Cleaning Up Afterwords
- Running at Large
Complainants must leave their name, telephone number and brief description of the nature of the complaint. Anonymous complaints cannot be addressed.