Food Establishments

Retail Food Establishment License Requirement

Retail Food Vendors of any type must complete an online Retail Food Establishment License application. This is required for brick and mortar stores, mobile food trucks and any temporary food establishments at festivals, feasts and events etc... Payment is made online at time of submission.   

Questions can be addressed by the Health Department at 732-388-3600 ext. 3006  

Retail Food Establishment Procedures

Grease Trap Reporting

You can now COMPLETE REPORTS ONLINE AND UPLOAD DOCUMENTS needed as proof or PRINT OUT THE REPORT, complete and return it via fax, email, mail or drop it off.    There are two changes to reporting:

  1. You no longer have to submit Material Safety Data Sheets/Safety Data Sheets (MSDS/SDS) for your bioenzyme treatment.
  2. You will have to submit invoices showing your grease traps, inside, outside or both have been cleaned.

Deadlines and due dates remain the same. If your cover sheet and back up documentation is not received when faxed or you do not complete the online form in its entirety, a summons will be issued. 

Fines are $250.00 for the first offense, $500.00 for the second offense and $1, 000.00 each subsequent offense. 

No follow up telephone calls, emails or letters will be sent. Please submit your report by fax (732-388-2490), email or, regular mail or drop off in Room 18.

As always pictures and text messages are not acceptable means of filing your establishment’s report.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach David at 732-388-3600 ext. 3006.
 Nancy Raymond                                                  David DeRosa

Health Officer                                                       Assistant Health Officer/REHS   

Food Manager Certification Information

Contact information for food manager certification courses (Serv Safe, National Registry, and Thompson Prometric)

  • For Language Directions email Kelly or email Cindy 
  • Paster Training Incorporated email Tiffany Grill or call at 610-970-1776, ext. 116
  • When calling UCC make sure you specifically reference SERV Safe.

    Union County College
    1033 Springfield Avenue
    Cranford, NJ 07016

    Phone: 908-709-7600